Learn German with YouTube's most popular high school teacher: Levi Antrim!
About This Episode
I'm so excited about today's article, which has a new format that I am trying out for you guys: It's a podcast (in your RSS readers this shows up as podcast, though no artwork or intro have been created yet)! The first interview features a great guest: Mr Levi Antrim from Learn German with Herr Antrim. Levi is a German teacher in a US high school, but he's doing excellent work with a brand new approach to the classroom.
Listen to the interview below:
<img class="thumb-image" alt="Transient" data-image="https://static1.squarespace.com/static/500fab79c4aa83ca4b6cacae/t/5255370fe4b0dd64d4b16b33/1381316372411/" data-image-dimensions="1920x1080" data-image-focal-point="0.5,0.5" data-load="false" data-image-id="5255370fe4b0dd64d4b16b33" data-type="image" src="https://static1.squarespace.com/static/500fab79c4aa83ca4b6cacae/t/5255370fe4b0dd64d4b16b33/1381316372411/?format=1000w" />
Here's what Levi and I discussed
- How this small-town American guy discovered a love and passion for German and started producing creative and entertaining videos for his classes
- How the students in his high school classes have changed the way they approach German as a school subject
- Herr Antrim's YouTube success and the new series he's working on - teaching with puppets!
- How quickly you can really experience the full benefit of immersion learning in the country
- How to deal with the eternal problem called "They all speak English to me!"
- What Levi loves about Germany, and our shared love of the beautiful city of Berlin
- Why you shouldn't use "Männer" by Herbert Grönemeyer in classes with under 21s
- Levi's top picks for bands and videos to use while practicing German
Links to what we chatted about
I need your comments - what do you think about a podcast?
As you can tell, I'm considering the launch of a whole Fluent Language podcast format featuring interviews, music and other excellent content that you can listen to wherever you are. As you can hear in today's recording, I think the improvements in my own speaking and microphone skills would be significant with regular practice, and I'd like to share the journey with you. There are so many creative learners and teachers out there, and a lot of fun to be had - and what's better than hearing language as well as reading it?!
What do you think about a Fluent Language podcast? Are you as excited as I am? Please leave your reply in the comments today so the project can start with your support!