Episode 9: Chatting to Benny Lewis about Confidence vs Discipline and Groups vs Individuals
About This Episode
Welcome to episode 9, where I'm featuring an AMAZING article of the week and an interview with Benny Lewis from Fluent in 3 Months.
In this interview you'll be finding out about
<img class="thumb-image" data-image="https://static1.squarespace.com/static/500fab79c4aa83ca4b6cacae/t/5437ab28e4b07ecd37a5ac47/1412934441990/" data-image-dimensions="1244x829" data-image-focal-point="0.5,0.5" data-load="false" data-image-id="5437ab28e4b07ecd37a5ac47" data-type="image" src="https://static1.squarespace.com/static/500fab79c4aa83ca4b6cacae/t/5437ab28e4b07ecd37a5ac47/1412934441990/?format=1000w" />
- The single one problem that's stopping everyone from language learning
- Why the "Learn my language, I won't learn yours" is NOT just an English world view
- Confidence vs Discipline: Which one is more important?
- What you should focus on when you start learning a new language
- How important it is to personalize your learning experience
- How to be a creative language learner with very limited vocabulary
- Where Benny is going to live next!
- Top tips for travelling the world on a budget
- How to create a virtual immersion environment without travelling even a single mile
"The fun part is at the end of a lesson when I realise I've made some progress."
You can hear that Benny and I had some debate on the following issues - what do you think of this:
Textbooks and Group Classes - Are they useless?
If it really is all that important to take the personal approach, why is the mass approach of Duolingo so popular?
Article of the Week
Why The Growth Mindset is the Only Way to Learn on Edudemic
Very Highly Recommended!
Tips of the Week
Out of the following fabulous three tips, Benny chose number 1 as his Tip of the Week! He stated that he loves working with Mini-Missions and assessing his progress continuously as he goes a long.
2) Tutor a fellow learner