Becoming a Musician Can Make You a Fantastic Language Learner
About This Episode
Take just 2 minutes and win prizes by telling us about you in our Creative Language Learning Podcast Listener Survey.
In Episode 25, I enjoyed a conversation with Shannon Kennedy. Shannon writes the travel, language and life blog Eurolinguiste. She's a musician. And knows seven languages.
During the course of this interview I took the neatest notes I have ever written. My guest Shannon Kennedy just has that effect on you. She's calm, considered and very experienced in language learning.
You'll hear about:
- Why Shannon's blog a language learning blog with travel tips and recipes
- How to take responsibility for your books and apps
- What it takes from you when you study with a teacher
- What it's like to study a language as an introvert
- How becoming a musician can make you a fantastic language learner
- The Benefits of Language Switching
- The lovely lovely word indulge
Tips of the Week
Shannon's choice of the week was tip 3, because transliteration can help you no matter if you are learning another writing system or an unusual grammar structure.
1) Join a Choir, learn a language
2) Use Mind Maps for learning a new language (here's an article about this in German)
3) Use transliteration to master foreign writing systems
Tips and Links from this Podcast
- The Digital Language Collective
- Shannon sings and plays the Sax
- Guest Post: How to Learn French as a Food Lover
Don't forget to us about you in our Creative Language Learning Podcast Listener Survey. Thanks so much!
<img class="thumb-image" alt="eurolinguiste podcast" data-image="https://static1.squarespace.com/static/500fab79c4aa83ca4b6cacae/t/5620b963e4b0306d245dfaed/1444985230371/eurolinguiste+podcast" data-image-dimensions="450x450" data-image-focal-point="0.5,0.5" data-load="false" data-image-id="5620b963e4b0306d245dfaed" data-type="image" src="https://static1.squarespace.com/static/500fab79c4aa83ca4b6cacae/t/5620b963e4b0306d245dfaed/1444985230371/eurolinguiste+podcast?format=1000w" />